Friday, June 8, 2012

New coral reef succulent display and a project update!

Hello blog readers! If you're also friends with me on facebook, which Im pretty sure every single one of you are, then you already know about my awesome new succulent coral reef! Awesome, am I right? I was inspired by this beautiful reef bed planting http://pieceofeden.blogspot.com/2011/01/sherman-gardens-coral-reef-succulent.html  You should really take a look at it.

All it needs are some fish swimming around and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference! Succulents are amazing plants. They come in so many unique shapes and colors. I chose mine for light blue and sea foam green colors as well as wavy and coral-like shapes. I through in a Golden Sedum and purple and blue Echeveria "Neon Breakers" for a color pop.
I really think the Gollum Jade looks very much like a coral. With its tube shaped leaves and green and red color you almost expect a clown fish to come swimming out from behind it!

From the top it looks just like looking into a fish tank! Can you tell Im pretty proud of it? I think its pretty damn cool. I used green glass pebbles to give it a watery look and added some stones for texture.




Ok now on to the brief project update.

Here it is! Not even half done cuz I've been a bit lazy and busy. Can you tell what it is yet? Sean can't and hes even seen the pattern picture. Men!

This is made up of 391  2.5 in squares and will be 5ft 7in tall when I finish. Its already looking pretty awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Melissa the MagnificentJuly 17, 2012 at 6:54 PM

    I totally can't tell what it is.
    First I thought maybe 'Mario' must have been the square pixel like things.
    Then I thought maybe a moose.....but I really have no idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your first guess was right. Its raccoon tail Mario.

      Delete